Update: Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the storm, mudslides, and debris in Montecito, Summerland, and Carpinteria. The massive devastation and tragic destruction is heartbreaking to watch and has touched the hearts of our entire Santa Barbara community as never before.
For the latest information on current road closures and conditions, please reference the following links:
At our Bronfman Family JCC location (524 Chapala Street) we are providing the following:
- Jewish Family Service (JFS) is offering 6 to 8 weeks of FREE professional emergency trauma counseling and referrals to those in need. Please contact JFS directly by calling (805) 957-1116 to schedule an appointment with one of our professional clinicians.
- The Kosher food pantry is open and available to the entire community.
- The Schmooze Room Nutritional Lunch program, held every Tuesday from 12:00-1:00 pm is now open to the entire community, and whoever may need a free nutritional lunch during this time. RSVPs are requested, by calling (805) 957-1115, but are not required.
- Wellness programs, such as Yoga, are available as regularly scheduled, and the JCC is a great place to rest, relax and enjoy some local art. For more information on our classes & programs visit our Online Community Calendar.
- An Emergency Fire and Flood Relief Fund has been established to support those in need. To contribute, please click HERE.
We are working collaboratively on behalf of our entire community with Congregation B'nai B'rith, the Community Shul of Montecito and Santa Barbara, and Chabad, as well as all of our local emergency service coordinators, including the Office of Emergency Management (OEM), the Volunteer Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD), and fellow partner agencies such as United Way, the Food Bank, Unity Shoppe and the American Red Cross.
Help us help those in need - donate to the Emergency Fire and Flood Relief Fund.
Looking for additional ways to help? Here are 7 ways you can help the victims of the California Mudslides.