Get Your Camp On!
The JWest Campership Program seeks to enroll 3,000 campers from the Western United States in nonprofit Jewish overnight summer camps. The JWest Campership Program awards financial incentives of up to $2,500 over multiple years to middle schoolers who attend one of 23 Jewish camps for the first time. Funded by the Jim Joseph Foundation, the JWest Campership Program is an initiative through the Foundation for Jewish Camp.
Potential campers eligible to receive up to $2,500 are those who in their first year:
- Have never attended Jewish overnight summer camp (family camp and/or winter camp participation do not disqualify potential grant recipients)
- Will enter sixth, seventh, or eighth grade in the fall after camp
- Are not involved in immersive Jewish experiences (day school or yeshiva)
- Enroll in a two week (12 day minimum) session or longer
- Reside in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming.
Campers who receive grant money in the first year and return for a second summer for at least two weeks will be eligible for a second year grant. The total grant amount of the JWest Campership Program is $2500, which will be distributed over a 2-3 year period.
After registering for camp, parents/guardians should visit www.onehappycamper.org and fill out the JWest Campership Program application. Once the camper’s registration at camp has been confirmed and the JWest application has been approved, the incentive monies will be paid directly to the camp in the camper’s name. If the camper remains on a waitlist or cancels before camp begins, no incentive monies will be awarded.
To learn more about the JWest Campership Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-888-4819.